EARLY MORNING PHOTOGRAPHY – REGISTER NOW!
In this broad topic, we are looking for entries which capture the moment which you feel are closely associated with the dawn. It can be the morning sun or a dizzy tea or an exuberant jog or even a rush to work.
Entries should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Carpediem_Pratibimb_Early Morning.
- Format: JPEG, JPG
- Size: Between 3 MB and 12 MB (Must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image) and at least 200ppi resolution)
- You may send a maximum of 5 images per category. You can participate in any number of categories
- Only minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable, as is cropping
- No watermarks/names or any other marks should be added on the photo. Due credit will be given to the photographer if photo is selected for exhibition
- B&W is also acceptable
- Alteration of elements [addition, deletion, cloning etc.] and unnatural processing [including HDR & Selective Coloring] to be avoided. Adjustment of Brightness, Contrast, Color Saturation, Sharpening, marginal Cropping and limited post-processing is acceptable
- Entries should be mailed to email@example.com with the subject of the mail as Carpediem_Pratibimb_Category. If you are sending photos for more than one category mention them all. (E.g. if you are sending entries for category ‘Early Morning’, the subject will be Carpediem_Pratibimb_Early Morning)
- Student profile: In the email, body provide your college registration number, name, and location of institution and academic program to which you are currently associated with along with your – Facebook (compulsory) & Instagram (optional) handles
- Name the file as ‘Name_Category_Photo Caption’ ie. If your name is Sushrut Risbud, you have selected category ‘Early Morning’ and your photo caption is “A new era”, then the file name would be Sushrut Risbud_Early Morning_A new era. Note that, caption is not mandatory and if included should not exceed 25 words
- Judging will be based on the merit of the photograph by a panel of professional photographers of Calcutta Instagrammers and Streets of Calcutta. There will also be a component (25%) for likes on Facebook for the individual photographs
- Photographs must have been taken within two (2) years before the date of entry and may not previously have won an award in any IIM Calcutta photo contest
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the contest entrant. By entering the contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph
- Failing to adhere to any of the guidelines will result in disqualification of entry
- All decisions by organizers will be considered as final
- Participants agree to submit a 300-dpi image if the entry gets shortlisted for display. Carpe Diem ‘18 reserves the right to print the 300 dpi pictures submitted and display them during the fest days
POINT OF CONTACT
Prapti Sahu +91 8871149411
Rahi Jain +91 9650970332
1st – INR 4,000
2nd – INR 2,000